Thursday, February 27, 2014

KBShimmer Swatch and Review

Hey everyone! It's almost the weekend :) Got any fun plans? Apparently it's supposed to snow 6-12 inches here in Indy >_< I bought some KBShimmers recently and decided you guys needed to see them ASAP! Some are older and some are new(ish) from the 2013 Fall and Winter collections. Enjoy!

First up is Teal Another Tail from the Fall 2013 collection. This is a stunning polish with a teal base and a strong duochrome shimmer that shifts from pink to yellow. It also has small holographic hexes that add to the sparkle. This polish is so unique. I've never come across anything like it before and I absolutely love it. The formula was perfect - two smooth, even coats were used for the picture below.


Next up is Toast-ess With the Mostest, a clear glitter topper with pink, silver, gold and holographic glitters. This is from KBShimmer's Winter/Blogger Collaboration 2013 collection. Valesha from Peachy Polish helped create this beauty. The glitter payoff was great with one "coat" dabbed on over Sinful Colors Easy Going.


No Whine Left is one of KBShimmer's older shades that I've had my eye on for a while. It has a mulberry jelly base with blue, purple and pink hex glitters. I'm so happy I finally bought this polish! I love the way the glitters sparkle and shine through the jelly base. The formula was easy to work with and dries to a chunky, dull finish, so top coat is essential to bring out it's beauty. I used three coats plus top coat for the photos below.


Last is Shade Shifter, a multichrome topper that shifts from teal to purple to pink/orange/yellow at very extreme angles. This is the first true multichrome I've ever owned and let me tell you, it is something to behold. I love this polish! It's so stunning. The formula was great. I'm not a big fan of brushstrokes, which were apparent when I was applying the polish, but they diminished significantly after it dried. I didn't apply top coat but I assume it would make the brushstrokes almost nonexistent. I applied one coat over black in the photos below.



I've said it before and I'll say it again, KBShimmer is an amazing brand of polish and I can't wait to get my hands on more!

Thanks for reading!
Maggie xoxo

3 comments: